Welcome to Lately On The Lake, a recap of behind the scenes at Saved From Salvage. Come see what I’ve been up to, what I’m planning, what I’m loving and what is inspiring me.
Hi, I’m Regina and this is Saved From Salvage, I love to upcycle, repurpose and diy home decor and share event inspiration and recipes. Thanks so much for stopping by.
It’s the first Saturday in August so that means it’s time for:
Table of Contents
WHAT I’VE BEEN UP TO
Last week I went to Haven, a conference for bloggers and content creators in Atlanta. It was so nice to catch up with some of my blogging buddies, learn new things to share with my followers and get energized.
Sunday we headed to Annapolis for my niece’s little guys christening. So wonderful to see family.
I had two posts this week, one was showing ways to repurpose and makeover a silverware caddy I found at the thrift store. I had so much fun and could have repurposed it so many more ways than I did. Check that out here.
It was time for our Handcrafted Society and our medium selected by Diane of Southouse Designs was fabric. Come see what I did with a pillow that I had to scrap but saved the fabric. You can see that and everyone else’s clever projects here.
WHAT I’M WORKING ON
Getting over Covid. This is the first time I’ve had it, I guess it was a parting gift from Haven. I felt pretty crummy when it started but the anti viral is helping and I’ve been resting on the deck and watching the hummingbirds.
Yesterday when I had a spell of feeling a little better, Carmine wasn’t home, and I was tired of resting, I started removing bricks from the front walk. Now that it’s raining today and I’ve made a mess, Carmine is headed to get slate so we (he) can redo the walk. I guess that’s one way to bump something to the top of the todo list.
WHAT I’M LOVING
- Ryze Organic Mushroom Coffee: Ok, so now two friends have tried this so I had to get on board. I have just begun adding to my regular coffee and am excited to see how I feel (after covid). All the benefits can’t be a bad thing. A powder with the cutest spoon included, let me know what you think.
- Uproot Cleaner: Pet hair remover for carpet and fabric. I vacuum, I dust, I sweep, I brush the dogs, but the hair keeps coming. My steps will never be the same again with this tool to get the hair from the carpet. Gets what the vacuum misses.
- Audible: Do you enjoy reading? It’s something I’ve been doing more of this summer and found the easiest way to do it. Similar goals? Then an Audible membership may be just what you need. Check out their free trial for 30 days. So many titles to choose from and from the comfort of your home.
- White Bowls: We had bowls from Ikea I loved but the last one finally bit the dust. These are the perfect size for our nightly salads. Smaller than our normal, they hold plenty and are simple, attractive and microwave safe. They come in sets of 6.
- I am always on the lookout for dressy tops that I can wear to work. Although I have some pretty strict requirements, including; it has be machine washable, it can’t require ironing, and it has been made of a “flowy” material. This top meets all of those requirements and looks cute! I now own 3 of these tops in different colors and patterns.
- If you have been reading the last few Unboxing Posts, you will see that I have been following a plant based diet. Part of that includes cutting back significantly on sugar. So, I have been using Agave Nectar instead. As an added bonus, it was less expensive to order the agave nectar online than it was to buy it in the local grocery store.
- With all the heat and humidity that summer brings, I am always wearing my hair up. Usually I use a claw clip, grab some sunglasses and then head out the door. A couple of weeks ago, my hair clip that I have used almost every day for the last 2 years broke! It was my favorite accessory and I was lost without it. So, I was delighted when I found the same brand of hair clip for sale on Amazon. It’s a little more expensive but worth it!
- Finally, I just have to share one last thing. Did you know you can buy wedding dresses on Amazon? Our wedding is going to be a fairly small and simple event. More of a nice luncheon than a full blown wedding. I want a dress that matches the occasion. A tea length dress and something without a “train” is what I envision. So, I wanted to share this dress, this dress and this dress with you. I ordered all three, intend to try them on and return the ones that don’t fit. P.S. I promise these dresses won’t break the bank.
- Late summer is all about the golden glow, and I love filling my kitchen with the beautiful deep shade of yellow. It’s like the late summer sunshine! My kitchen sink is enjoying THIS scent of my favorite soap, and I picked up a few new kitchen towels like THESE, too.
- THESE vintage-inspired new glasses are just what we needed. I got a box of blue and a box of green to coordinate with our kitchen. Everyone agrees they’re the perfect weight and size, and I love the vintage-look relief pattern. They come in other colors, too. They look so pretty on our open shelves!
- August is definitely sunflower month! I’ve started spotting them growing alongside the road; time to grab a bucket of water and scissors and do some curbside picking;) Seasonal pillow covers with old pickup trucks and sunflowers have farmstand charm this time of year. You can find similar ones HERE, HERE, HERE, or HERE. So easy to swap up inexpensive pillow covers seasonally! (And run, don’t walk to Trader Joe’s for these awesome oversized felted wool sunflowers-otherwise look HERE for handcrafted ones)
- I’ve been enjoying my mom’s collection of THESE poultry-inspired vintage dishes. The colors work perfectly in my fruit-themed, nostalgic summer kitchen (see it HERE). Anyone else collect these, or love chicken-themed decor? Think I need to get some real chickens:)
- One of the most used tools in my workshop is my shop vac. Until a couple of months ago, I had one that was always in the way! So I bought a wall-mounted shop vac. This one has a long hose and is a game-changer! Along with my Quick Flip Drive Drill Bit, these are my most used and favorite tools!
- Have you tried any of the Elf Cosmetics yet? They are so affordable and feel great on my skin! I have the Camo CC Cream, the Primer Infused Blush, and my fave, the Ultra Precise Brow Pencil. These three make up (haha!) my basic ready-for-the-day face!
- My skin has been loving Josie Maran Argan Glow Body Butter and Body Oil Mist which my mom bought for my birthday. It’s a luxurious treat after my nightly shower. My hair hasn’t felt better since I started using Infusium Leave-In Treatment. It’s a conditioner that doesn’t weigh your hair down. (BTW, give your girlfriends a nice little gift by filling these adorable amber glass bottles with Infusium! They will love it! Add a gift tag and you will make her day bright!)
- I bought a Brother P-Touch Label Maker and I can’t wait to use it!! It will be here today! I even bought extra tape because I plan on labeling E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G!!
WHAT’S INSPIRING ME
This is where I share what is catching my eye.
I’m starting today with a delicious Peach Pastry by Oh Clary. This is happening soon at my house.
Next up is a Summer Stone Fruit and Burrata Salad by Nicolle at Our Tiny Nest. Can anyone tell I’ve not eaten much since having Covid?!
My last is on the same theme, a Peach Inspired Table by Coco of The Crowned Goat.
I hope you check these out.
Thanks so much for stopping by the lake. Til next time XO, Regina