Hi and welcome to November and Lately on the Lake. Last weekend it was in the 80’s, I woke up Thursday and it was 29. Yuck. I know many of you have already seen that white stuff.
Today I’m sharing what I’ve been up to, what I’m working on, what I’m loving and what’s inspiring me this week.
Hi, I’m Regina and this is Saved From Salvage. I love to share DIYs, Furniture Flips, Home Decor Projects, Event Inspiration and More. Thanks for being here.
Since it’s the first Saturday of the month it’s also time for HANDPICKED FOUR YOU where Lora, Cindy, Anna and I all share our faves.
Table of Contents
WHAT I’VE BEEN UP TO
This week I went from zero to 60. I have been having lunches of Snickers and Starbust and need to stop, anyone else have an out of control sweet tooth?
My post on my Semi Faux Grapevine Tree as part of the Celebrate the Holiday Blog Hop went live Thursday. I was able to use my tomato cages from my Halloween Ghosts, I love a good re-use project.
Thursday I joined a bunch of soccer friends for a fun night out at Board and Brush to celebrate birthdays, enjoy friendship and create some beautiful home decor. So much fun.
Friday I headed to Lancaster with my friend Laurie for some shopping at the Cocalico Creek Open House.
I ran into a co-worker and she caught us coming in the door.
I’ll be recovering all weekend from so much time on my feet.
Carmine is headed back up on the roof to paint what he repaired last weekend.
WHAT I’M WORKING ON
This weekend I’ll be using my HANDCRAFTED SOCIETY project in the fire pit…hint hint.
I’m also ready to make a new wreath for the door. Something that transitions me through November until I can put up my fresh greens wreath.
I’ll be unboxing my gift from King of Christmas and sharing that with you as well.
WHAT I’M LOVING
- WOOD AND MARBLE CUTTING BOARD: We are back on track about starting our kitchen remodel. These are the colors we are doing and I’m loving this wood and marble cutting board.
- LONG VEST: I have a teeny coat addiction and I’m loving this one. Such a comfy style for chilly days but not tight or bulky being a vest. Super versatile and perfect for the car.
- WINTER GARLAND: Maybe it’s the chilly weather but I guess you can see a theme. I got one of these almost two years ago and it’s such a fun item to decorate with. I’ve used it on old windows, wreaths and the mantle.
- Do you have your fall and winter clothes out yet? I’m slowly dragging my warm sweaters and long-sleeved shirts out one by one. And as usual, I decided I wanted a couple of new things. Especially long-sleeved dresses. Sweater dresses are popular this year so I grabbed a camel-colored one and a light grey one. I also picked up a long-sleeved navy dress and an animal print dress that are both due here today.
- Our yard needs a good fall cleanup so I am tackling a little bit each day. A good pair of snips and bypass pruners do the work for me when clipping back all of our perennials. A heavy-duty garden cart is much easier on the back than a wheelbarrow to carry the clippings to our backwoods! The cart will also be handy for outdoor Christmas decorating!
- Christmas decorating is something I have to think about early as a blogger and YouTuber. My King Noble Fir 4-Piece Set has arrived! The set has two 3′ trees, a 9′ garland, and a 24″ wreath. This set is GORGEOUS and I can’t wait to set it up in our bedroom! The same set comes in a flocked version as well as a red berry version. I had a hard time deciding which I liked best!
- Ordering that new 4-piece set also got me thinking about our Christmas tree. We got a new King of Christmas tree last year and I couldn’t be happier with the 7′ Pre-Lit King Noble Fir tree although I should have purchased the 8′ King Noble Fir. Regardless, these winter wonderland ornaments in blue and silver would look gorgeous on the tree I have! Btw, King of Christmas is running an incredible SALE right now!
- Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I love to tuck feathers and feather spheres here and there for the holiday. November is hunting season and feathers add such a nice texture to vignettes and centerpieces. You can stick a handful into any vessel for an instant bouquet to tuck them here and there into your floral arrangements. Shop feathers HERE. Find feather spheres HERE.
- Christmas decorating will be happening soon; time to make sure you’ve got all the helpful necessities to attach and make the pretty! I’ve listed all my favorite floral styling supplies HERE. (follow me while you’re there;)
- Usually we have a real tree in our living room. But this year I decided I’d had enough. As a blogger, it’s important for me to get my holiday decor up early, and a real tree just doesn’t fit into that time frame. And the new artificial trees are so easy to set up! I got spoiled with the one I use in the kitchen. So I ordered THIS tree. It’s got LED lights that can be switched from clear to colored with a foot pedal (because every year I’m in the mood for something different). I just hope it’s not too big for our small living room; we’ll see! All of the Christmas trees in our house are from here; can’t beat their prices;)
- I have enjoyed this classic wheat wreath for a couple years now. Last year it was above the mantel; this year it hangs on the dining room hutch. The texture is perfect for this time of the year. I added a simple metal gather word to the front. Find wheat wreaths HERE. (And if you’ve amassed quite a few seasonal wreaths like me, grab THESE to store them).
These finds are items that I have purchased, use and enjoy. I am linking the actual product I purchased, not a similar item. I wandered into Target the other day and stumbled across some amazing holiday finds at really good prices.
- These star ornaments are a generous size and full of sparkle. At only $3.00 each, I decided to buy a bunch.
- These large mercury glass candles are also a great price at $15.00 each. Of course, they come in different scents. These candles would make a great hostess gift.
- These white wooden carved reindeer ornaments were also adorable. At only $3.00 each, you can’t go wrong.
- Finally did you know that you can buy an advent calendar for your cat or for your dog? What a genius idea! Of course, I had to buy some of those too.
WHAT’S INSPIRING ME
This is where I share what’s inspiring me and what I’d like to try. First on the list is Lynn from Living Large in a Small House. She shares a guide for a day trip to Round Top in Texas. I will have this in hand when I get the chance to go.
We all know paint can work magic. Wait until you see what Michelle from Thistle Key Lane did with these ornaments. You will love them.
Do you love a home that smells inviting when you walk in? My friend Jen from Midwest Life and Style has the perfect recipe to simmer for winter.
Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by the lake.
Check out Lately on the Lake from last week here.