Table of Contents
Hello 2023. How are you?
I’m in lovely North Eastern Pennsylvania visiting my sister and finally meeting her first grandchild.
I’ll be relaxing and sneaking a visit to a favorite garden store, Creekside Gardens.
I hope you had a happy holiday. Is your house back in order?
No judgement here, I spent the entire week before Christmas in my jammies.
a forced slow down
Back to the jammies part of my week.
I was under the weather, missed a week of work and all of the last minute Christmas things that tend to take up our days. Carmine headed to NJ and I spent lots of time in bed and watching football.
I started feeling better on Christmas day and later that week, headed back to work, got a haircut and spent time with a dear friend for a delayed Christmas and Birthday lunch.
a new year
I’m not the type that typcially heads out on New Year’s Eve anymore.
I couldn’t resist an invite to share games and dinner with some soccer friends and significant others.
I’m so glad I went, it was an early event (started at 3pm) Are we old?!
We played games and enjoyed an amazing dinner of Seafood Paella.
I wish I had taken a picture, it was amazing. Best part? We were home by nine and in bed before 11.
what i’m working on
I did share a fun Valentine Project this week and joined in with 8 other blogger friends to share inspiration. You can see it here.
what i’ve been up to
Oh my goodness, you’d be so impressed.
I spent the last week organizing and downsizing my Christmas decor and reorganizing the attic where it lives.
Next we purchased shelving units for the garage and moved everything off the floor onto shelves.
Not impressed yet? Then I worked in my office.
Being a blogger, I tend to have lots of stuff, for crafts, projects, tablescapes and more. So I organized that too.
I hauled a few boxes and bags to the thrift store and boy it feels good.
what i’m loving
It’s time to share what I’m loving this week and it’s time to share what my friends are loving too. Let’s start with me.
These are the ones that I purchased for the garage. They have six shelves, are easy to assemble and are super sturdy. They hold so much. I’m headed back for more soon.
These are my go to tubs. I like things to match so I picked up more of these to add to the decor in the attic and now on the garage shelves. Just make sure when you are putting the shelving together you space them far enough apart to fit your tubs.
How can you not love these? It’s too early for us in Maryland but leave it to Terrain to have these gorgeous blooms to add some color to your winter home.
You know why I’m loving this? Because it’s super soft and is 40% off. Yes please. The cream color goes with everything, well except Dempsey’s dog hair.
- After all the decorating for the holidays, it’s nice to have one easy decor change! I love THIS vintage book I found years ago. Each month it features beautiful, seasonal watercolor images of nature scenes. I simply prop open a page on a pretty easel to welcome in the new month. You can find vintage versions HERE, or newly published versions HERE. The only difference is the texture of paper used for publishing.
- Cleaning is always on the agenda after the holidays, and my favorite tool is my Dyson stick vacuum. I will never go back to a cord vacuum again. Even my big boys love using it in their rooms and their cars! I bought mine directly from Dyson and opted to get the extra tools, too. Definitely worth it. Bonus-they’re on sale for the new year. Find the vacuum my family and I love HERE.
- Yes, fasting is the new health craze and I have jumped on board whole-heartedly! I started learning from Dr. Fung and am now learning more about women’s fasting from Dr. Mindy. It’s amazing to learn how our bodies were created to function at their best. I’ve lost 25 lbs, many inches, and am heading to reverse my Type 2 diabetes; I feel great! Find my favorite health books and more HERE.
- Winter decor is a thing where it lasts for months! We got 15″ this week in 2 days; we have SO MUCH SNOW on the ground this year! I bought this pretty, glittery wreath on Amazon while I was Christmas shopping (because we all do it;) and am amazed at how beautiful it is for the price! Love when decor can be enjoyed longer than the holidays. Find it HERE.
- Holiday decorating can make our muscles hurt, am I right? My back and shoulders can really get sore fast after all of the lifting, moving, rearranging, taking down….you know, all the things! My Bob and Brad Massage Gun takes care of all of my aches and pains. The great thing is, I can use this massage gun for about 5-10 minutes in the evening while watching TV and I get instant relief! Currently, it’s 37% off!!
- You might know I am a big planner! The pen and paper type of planner. For the last 6 years, I have used the bullet journal system to keep my life straight and I’ve never looked back! This year I found an amazing dot-grid journal that is perfect for my bullet journal needs. I purchased several, one for a personal daily writing journal, one for note-taking for my business meetings, and of course, one for my bullet journal. As a side note, Pentel Energel pens with .3 Needle tips are the best pens on the planet!
- We don’t hire anyone to come to clean our home although I have considered it lately! But our Roomba vacuum keeps things tidy between cleanings. We have had one for the last 10 years. I have mine set to vacuum 3 times each week and I empty the dirt container on the weekends. It’s such an easy way to stay on top of the mess the floors can become!
- Last year, I got serious about making homemade yogurt in our Instant Pot. It’s so tasty and I have it each morning with frozen berries or in a smoothie. Then I found the perfect container to strain off the whey to make greek yogurt. Hubby and I were talking about the savings at dinner last night: One qt store-bought greek yogurt costs about $5. One quart of homemade greek yogurt costs about $1! That’s a huge savings!
This YOGA MAT with extra cushioning is perfect if you have sore knees or wrists. These YOGA BLOCKS are a must. This DIFFUSER can be used before you go to sleep and this ESSENTIAL OIL helps to ensure you will get a good night’s sleep.