Welcome to Lately on the Lake, a peek behind the scenes at Saved From Salvage. See what I’ve been up to, what I’m working on and what I’m loving this week.
Hi, if you are new here, I’m Regina. Welcome to Saved From Salvage. I love to share DIYS, Furniture Flips, Tablescapes, Home Decor and the occasional recipe.
Table of Contents
WHAT I’VE BEEN UP TO
Last Sunday we headed to New Jersey to celebrate a 91st birthday, it was lovely to see Carmine’s family and celebrate this milestone for Bob. I was so good, I didn’t eat any of the beautiful cake that must have weighed 10 pounds.
Thankfully, Dempsey is feeling better but we still went to the vet on Tuesday. He weighed in at 90 lbs. I tried to explain he had two collars and a leash on, so surely it was only 88. They still wrote down 90. Needless to say he’s on the green bean diet again.
On the blog, I was busy working on spring tablescapes and I shared them in a post with nine other bloggers on Thursday. You can see them here, I hope they give you some inspiration for your Easter table.
I also got around to painting my newly thrifted floor lamp. I used my go to, Dixie Belle paint and I think it turned out great, especially for $10. You can see that here.
Wednesday I got a call from my sister while I was at work. She had ordered something for me, it had come in and she was so excited. She decided to get in the car and drive almost 4 hours to my house to give it to me.
Isn’t it lovely? This very unique piece of yard art that will always remind me of my mom because of the cardinal, and of course, now my sister who gave it to me.
She was literally at my house for an hour, we grabbed some Ledo’s pizza and she headed back the same night.
She gets that from my mom, that adventuresome spirit to just jump in the car and drive. I am thinking of a spot out back in a garden where I can see it from the deck.
We got out to watch my nephew coach his last high school basketball game of the season on Thursday and Friday night in the freezing cold rain, we headed to our favorite pizza place, Pistarro’s in Frederick.
I’ve been watching what I eat for the last week or so. I had a few calories left and I enjoyed every bite.
It’s a great spot if you are ever in the area.
WHAT I’M WORKING ON
We are gearing up for the 2nd Handcrafted Society post next Tuesday. This is all about Easter Eggs, you won’t believe how many versions you are going to see. Don’t miss it!
We had another meeting about our kitchen remodel, we will meet up again next week to review the drawings and finalize some things. In the meantime, we have got to pick out a floor. We are in a debate, well sort of, but I’m going to lose I know. I want LVT and Carmine wants real hardwood. Which way would you go? I won’t tell Carmine if it’s LVT.
WHAT I’M LOVING
RECYCLED GLASS VASE
I stumbled across this and fell in love. I have nothing shaped like this at all and I always think they are beautiful when I see them styled.
This is a game changer. I have very wavy hair and I spent years trying to get it straight by blow drying the heck out of it. This is the most amazing hair dryer. It dries so quickly and I lose the heat damage and noise I used to get from my old dryer. It also works perfectly when I’m drying Dempsey.
PICKLEBALL PHONE CASE
Have you played the fastest growing sport in the country yet? My son introduced me to this sport, it’s sort of taken over the place at my work. This is a fun new case to show where your heart is.
PETER RABBIT HAND SOAP SET
Ever since I did my son’s (34 years old) nursery, I’ve been obsessed with Peter Rabbit and Beatrix Potter. I still have a lamp and all the figurines he had as a baby. So of course when I spotted this at Williams and Sonoma I was like, yes please.
HAND PICKED 4 YOU
REINVENTED DELAWARE – CINDY
- If you have been watching my latest YouTube video series, then you know I am upholstering an antique chair. That’s why I’m loving my pneumatic staple gun and air compressor lately. These two tools make the job so much easier!
- My skin is drying out as I age so I looked for a new makeup remover that wouldn’t add to the problem. Bioderma Micellar Water has been the answer. I’m on my third bottle and I can’t recommend it enough! Along with cotton round pads that I purchase at the drugstore, Bioderma removes the makeup without drying out my skin!
- Do you use course sea salt and pepper? We do and I decided to get a new set of salt and pepper grinders for our table. It was a little splurge that I don’t mind making since I so often purchase items at the thrift store! The copper look of this set is just my style!
- Are your white towels and sheets getting dingy and yellow? I’ve used Mrs. Stewart’s Liquid Bluing to fix that problem. In fact, I need to do it again soon! It’s a great way to whiten your dingy whites and add a fresh look to white sheets, towels, and even white clothing!
LORABLOOMQUIST – LORA
- Spring decorating is happening in our home, but so far in a very subtle way. Green and brown accessories are joining white, like Spring trying to emerge from the snowy ground. Moss bunnies and mini topiaries are getting tucked in everywhere for a European potager vibe. Find cute moss bunnies and mini topiaries HERE, along with more Spring faves. (and follow my page while you’re there!)
- It’ll be awhile until we see grass here, but in the meantime, I love to burn THIS Fresh Cut Grass candle. We sold these in my former store; each is hand poured. I absolutely love this scent and love giving these candles as gifts, because they each have a verse on the label. Supporting small, local businesses is also dear to my heart;)
- Along with plenty of green, pops of yellow is like pouring the sunshine into my home! I picked up yellow daffodils and forsythia branches at Trader Joe’s when shopping, and my nose is so happy whenever I use the Daisy scent of Mrs. Meyers soaps. I also love the yellow labels! Find it HERE.
- Since we’ve got several months until gardening season begins, I love to use this time to revive furniture pieces for our home. I’m painting 2 vanity side tables in Miss Mustard Seed’s Typewriter for the living room and have a dresser I’m going to paint in Bergère, which I’ve never used before. I’ve used Miss Mustard Seed’s dried milk paint for years and I love the vintage-looking results on old pieces. You can find their products HERE. Use code 10OFFLB for a discount!
SKYLARK HOUSE – ANNA
This month, I am looking forward to spring and everything associated with it. At the moment, I am actively incorporating rabbits into my home decor. Although we are expecting a foot of snow in upstate New York tonight, in my mind, I can see spring. Here are some of the things that I am using.
- This rabbit shaped cement planter is perfect for spring. It would be cute planted with some herbs.
- I love this pillow with the vintage rabbit print. It’s perfect for a corner chair or sofa.
- These rabbit book ends are adorable and would look great on an entryway table.
- Finally, I was so excited to see Mrs Meyers released their spring scents because I am buying these peony scented candles.
Thanks so much for stopping by the lake. If you missed it, you can see Lately on the Lake from last week right here.
Until next time,
Leave a Reply