Welcome to Lately on the Lake, a behind the scenes look into Saved From Salvage. I am sharing what I’m up to, what I’m working on, what I’m loving and what’s inspiring me.
I’m Regina and this is Saved From Salvage. You can find DIYs, Furniture Flips, Home Decor Projects and Event Inspiration. I’m so glad you are here.
It’s the first Saturday of the month and that means HANDPICKED 4 YOU. Sharing what my friends Anna, Lora and Cindy are loving.
Table of Contents
WHAT I’VE BEEN UP TO
I’m enjoying a weekend at my friends beach house with 5 couples. I got to visit a dear friend of my mom’s and my little Dempsey turned 4 yesterday. How is that possible. Happy Birthday to my little guy. Ok, not that little.
This week I saved something of my moms. These old lanterns lived outdoors for the past 5 years and they were looking pretty sad. I used the Patina Paint Line from Dixie Belle and am so happy with how they turned out.
See what they look like and read the details here.
WHAT I’M WORKING ON
After the lanterns, I fell in love with the Patina Paints so I created a fall project using this on wood and burlap. I’ll be sharing that next week. Here’s a sneak peak.
I’m also working on another fun Halloween project that is so easy to duplicate.
WHAT I’M LOVING
COILED ROPE BASKET – I love this basket, unfortunately so does Dempsey. It holds pup toys and for some reason Dempsey thinks he should carry it around, dump it and then pull it apart. Anyway, it’s the perfect size for throws or magazines.
HAND TOWEL – I hope I am not the only one that is so hard on things like hand towels. I have the best intentions honestly I do, but then the dogs drool on the kitchen floor and you wipe it up and realize the floor is dirty. See a theme here? I guess my readers who don’t have dogs are probably going to stay that way.
WOODEN STOOL – I’m so excited that since Josh has bought his house that I can start shopping for stuff for his new place. Well I can start suggesting. I love this for inside the door in his sunroom. Really cute right?
OUTDOOR ENTERTAINING – This cookbook is on sale for only $10.40. If you love outdoor entertaining like I do, this is amazing. I think fall is actually my favorite time to eat outdoors.
- With fall just around the corner, I have started looking for subtle ways to change up my decor. I love this fall grass standing bundle. Putting out dried grasses is such an easy way to decorate for fall.
- This applewood and amber scented candle is a perfect way to usher in the season.
- These Spode brown transferware bowls are on sale right now and are perfect for autumn.
- Finally this wooden bowl is fabulous. It compliments all the fall decor and is perfect for the coffee table or kitchen table.
- It’s an end-of-summer tradition to attend our amazing Minnesota State Fair the week before labor day. I’ve gone almost every year of my life. This week Mr. Fix-it and I filled up on cheese curds, mini doughnuts, and way more food than I could list; it was wonderful! At one of the booths, I picked up a dozen handmade rusty metal Fall leaves. Once they get a simple coat of THIS to seal, I’ll be adding them to my autumn decor. You can find similar ones HERE. (Take advantage of the Labor Day sales while you’re there, too;)
- At a local cute shop, I spied this beautiful handmade macrame lampshade. I love the boho vibe and how the crafter used a white and jute combo. I haven’t decided where I’m using it yet, but these awesome lightbulbs don’t need electricity, which means I can hang a bulb in the pretty lampshade and hang it anywhere (the shadows will be awesome, too). Find handmade macrame shades HERE (or find a pattern and make one yourself).
- Fall fragrances are the best. They just make your home cozy and inviting. Two ways I like to incorporate the autumn fragrances into my home is by burning candles and switching up my everyday soaps. THIS hand poured candle, we used to sell at my store instantly transforms my brain to Fall. And THESE soaps next to my sinks make my nose happy (I do also love the other Fall fragrances, too).
- I’ve got 2 new Marvin windows in my office! Which means I really need to buckle down and make it organized and cute;) I finished reviving a vintage wood kitchen table to be my desk, and I’m so excited to be able to use my comfy, tufted chair next to it (I’ve been sitting on a stool with no back support:( ) If you’re feeling the urge to update some of your spaces, too, be sure to check out THIS Labor Day sale on everything home decor. I’ve ordered several upholstered desk chairs there for my family. (My chair is similar to THIS one, but they have many varieties).
- Do you like to clean old silver pieces you find while out thrifting or antique shopping? Sometimes I like to keep the patina on silver but sometimes I like to polish it. Earth Brite is the best cleaner I have ever used and it is safe on your skin. It also cleans copper, stainless steel, and brass like no-bodies business!
- I’ve been working on a fall wreath project that involves paint – of course 🤣 ! Dixie Belle offers some of the best chalk paint out there for projects like my fall wreath. It’s easy to use and the colors are amazing! Stick around for that upcoming project btw!
- Cleaning chalk paint or any paint for that matter, couldn’t be easier than with Scrubby Soap. It is a citrus-based soap that is infused into a scrub-daddy material. Clean-up of any painting project is a breeze and it’s safe for your hands too! In fact, there is even a goat’s milk version and an olive oil & aloe bath and body version! I’ve been using both each night and my skin feels so smooth!
- We painted our front porch concrete floor a couple of years ago, and it is holding up so well! It would have been a daunting task, but my Wagner Paint Sprayer made the job so easy! I also stenciled the floor – it’s gorgeous!
WHAT’S INSPIRING ME
The Happy Mustard Seed has this adorable charcuterie board. Check it out here.
How beautiful is this fall wreath from Anderson and Grant? See it here.
I plant and forget sometimes, but Missy from Sonata Home Design is helping me with my Hostas in fall.
I hope you get to check these inspiring posts out, and you love them like I did.
Thanks so much for stopping by the lake – Have a wonderful week and Happy September.